2021 KAG Members Show
Nov. 14, - Dec. 15, 2021
- First Place - $400
- Second Place - $200
- Third Place - $100
- 4 Honorable Mention Awards - $50 each
Judge: Kyle Buckland
- You must be 16 years of age or older to enter.
- Artwork must be original and completed in the past two years. (Artwork completed prior to 2019 is not allowed)
- Artwork previously displayed in any Kingsport Art Guild related show (Members Show, Fun Fest, or previous Appalachian Art Show) is not
- All artwork must be the artist's own composition and design, and not from a pattern or class.
- Artwork must be an original composition and may not be a be literal copy of a photo not taken by the artist.
- Any source material used must be the property of the artist or from sources that legally release images for public use granting permission for use through the Creative Common License. Source materials from: Pixabay and Unsplash, and Pexels, amongst others are allowed.
- Exclusions: The following artwork is specifically excluded and will not be accepted for this show:
- Artwork produced in a class or under the direction of another artist.
- Photography, photo etchings, and prints reproduced by photographic processes.
- Computer generated artwork.
- Artwork using glass,
- Artwork that exceeds size restrictions as outlined below.
- Artwork which is dangerous or offensive.
SIZE AND PRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS:
Please read carefully and measure your artwork. Artwork not meeting these criteria will not be accepted or judged.
- Any traditional medium including, but not limited to: Oil, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel, Pencil, Charcoal, Egg Tempera, Mixed, Collage, Ink, and Prints by traditional methods (lithography, serigraphy, etching, etc.) will be allowed to enter.
- Dimensions of artwork must NOT exceed 52 inches high or 52 inches wide or 3 inches deep including the frame.
- Paint and other materials must be dry.
- Artwork must either be framed or gallery wrapped and conform to the following guidelines:
- Framed artwork must utilize a sturdy frame (No uniframes will be accepted.) and artwork must be adequately secured within the frame.
- Gallery wrap canvas will be accepted ONLY if: a) the sides are at least 1.5 inches in depth or larger, b) the sides are completely painted, and c) no staples are visible.
- Artwork must have a sturdy and properly placed wire for hanging. Saw tooth hangers, clip hangers will NOT be accepted.
- Artwork needing to be protected, such as watercolor, should be protected using Plexiglass. GLASS will be accepted at the artist's own risk.
- Artwork may not exceed 25lbs total weight inclusive of framing, painting, protective cover, etc.
- Hanging 3-D Artwork:
- Must NOT exceed 52 inches high or 52 inches wide or 4 inches deep and must not exceed 25 pounds.
- Must have a sturdy and properly placed wire (or wires) for hanging.
- 3-D artwork which cannot be secured to the wall will not be accepted.
- Due to Gallery restrictions, we cannot accept free standing 3D artwork at this time.
The judgement of the Show’s chair regarding suitability, such as whether the artwork is offensive, dangerous or non-compliant, is binding and the chair will remove such items before submission to the juror.
DELIVERY AND PICK-UP ARTWORK
- When: Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021 between 3-6:30PM.
- Where: Renaissance Arts Center & Theater Building / 1200 E. Center Street, Kingsport, TN / Main Gallery - 2nd Floor
Note: The artist is expected to deliver the artwork on their entry form. No substitutions or title changes will be accepted after the close of registration or at check-in.
- All artwork must be picked up from the Main Gallery of the Renaissance Arts Center on Thursday, Dec. 16th between 3:00 and 6:30pm.
The Kingsport Art Guild, The Renaissance Arts Center and Theater, and all associated sponsors are not responsible for artwork entries not picked up on the pickup date of Dec. 16, 2021. Artwork not picked up 14 days after the closing will become the property of the Kingsport Art Guild.
SALES AND COMMISSION
Sales are encouraged. All sales are subject to a 15% commission for Kingsport Art Guild Members.
Artists may enter one or two pieces of artwork. (Diptychs will be treated as two works of art.)
There is no entry fee.
A checklist with instructions appears below for the artists convenience.
- Fill out the ONLINE ENTRY FORM below and click submit. DEADLINE is Friday, Nov. 5, 2021.
- Provide complete address including street address, town, state, and zip code!
- Carefully review spelling, etc. Your entry, including your name, title, medium and price will be spelled as submitted!
- No entry fee required.
Please make sure you have submitted your the entry form. If you have questions, please email Jennifer at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Create your own identification card. Include title, artist, medium, price, a phone contact and an email contact. Print legibly or type your card.
- Secure the Identification Card to the upper left-hand back of artwork.
Artwork must have an identification card securely attached to the back in the upper left-hand corner when submitted.
By completing the online entry form, the artist agrees to abide by the Release & Indemnity Agreement.
RELEASE & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: The exhibitor the 2021 Members Show sponsored by the Eastman Credit Union and the Kingsport Art Guild for and in consideration of the permission and privilege granted to the exhibitor to store and display said works of art in the Renaissance Arts Center November 11 - December 16, 2021, hereby releases the Kingsport Art Guild, associated sponsors, the Renaissance Arts Center and Theater, Office of Cultural Arts, and the City of Kingsport, Tennessee from any and all claims for damages to or loss of any said works so exhibited or stored, whether such damage or loss results from theft, acts of vandalism, or any other cause.
For the same consideration, the exhibitor covenants and agrees to hold the Renaissance Arts Center and Theater, Office of Cultural Arts, and the City of Kingsport, Tennessee, its employees, agents, and the Kingsport Art Guild harmless from any claim for loss or damage to such artwork exhibited by the exhibitor, which are asserted by any persons other than the exhibitor, including without limitation the owners of such works exhibited, which grow out or arise during the exhibit (during display or storage) of such works by the exhibitor.
Permission is granted to photograph entered artwork for publicity purposes and historic record.